Activities I do or have done in order of preference, not frequency:
- Physical Outdoors: Hiking, prospecting, fishing (stream, lake, ocean), soccer, biking, kayaking, sailing, boogie boarding, photography, snorkeling, river rafting, camping, scuba diving, water skiing, snow skiing, tennis, landscaping, construction, small game hunting, hang gliding (have yet to parasail).
- Physical Indoors: Ping pong, billiards, racket ball, fussball, bowling, yoga, weights, remodeling, hand ball.
- Physical/Emotional Indoors/Outdoors: foreplay, sex.
- Physical/Intellectual Indoors: Video on cell phone while peddling a supine bike at the gym.
- Intellectual Indoors: Learning via the Web in general and TED.com in particular, NatgeoTV, History Channel, Discovery Channel, books on tape while driving, improving natural and political philosophy websites, inventing/designing/developing/marketing new products.
- Interaction/Entertainment: Discussion, persuasion, animal behavior (including human), SyFi, movies, museums, books on tape while driving, music (instrumentals, french horn, chello, acoustic guitar, modern jazz, classical, a little country), concerts, plays.
I put all my photographs and slides pre-1989 on video tape using an overhead projector, so I could give all the photo albums to my ex-wife. I think that's what gives the photos a yellow hue. When the Web came along in 1993, I captured these images from the video tapes using AppleVideoPlayer, and used Adobe Photoshop to crop and reduce the images to half size, and converted them using PhotoGif. This was done when most Internet access was via dial-up modem, so the GIF image file size is small, and the quality poor relative to what is common on the Web today.There are many photos and videos of my adventures since 2000 involving
Some day I'll find the time to move the parts involving only me to this site.
- Hawaii honeymoon
- Madeira, Portugal business trip and tour
- Yuma, Arizona visits including Colorado River fishing and golf
- Catalina Island vacation
- Idaho exploration
- California vacations
- Big Bear Lake
- Angeles Camp
- San Francisco
- Rio de Janeiro
- Portland hikes and bike rides
- Columbia River tour
- Bend vacations
- Willamette River kayaking
| W.T. Holmes |